"Azarath Metrion Zinthoz!"
|Real Name||Eleanor May Grayson|
|Alias||Elle, Ellie, Ellie-May, Nellie, Nora, Night, Nightie, Street Nymph, Child of Darkness.|
|Race||Azarathian-Human with Reach Scarab DNA|
|Age||(Season 1) 17 - 18 years.|
(Season 2) 23 years, but appears 18.
|Height||5 foot 11 inches|
|Designation||B-06 (Replacing Speedy/Red Arrow)|
|Previous Profession||High School Student (Graduated)|
|Base of Operations||Gotham City,|
|Relatives||Lorraine Susan Grayson/Violet Scarab (Mother)|
Richard 'Rick' Grayson (Uncle)
John Grayson (Uncle/God-Father/Deceased)
Mary Grayson (Aunt/God-Mother/Deceased)
Karla Grayson (Aunt/Deceased)
Johnathan Grayson (Cousin/Deceased)
Richard 'Dick' Grayson/Robin I/Nightwing (Cousin/God-Brother/Adopted Brother)
Jason Todd/Robin II (Adopted Brother/Ex-Boyfriend/Deceased)
Tim Drake/Robin III/Red Robin (Adopted Brother)
Damian Wayne/Robin IIII (Half-Brother)
Blue Beetle II
|Powers & Abilities|
|Powers||Reach Scarab DNA|
|Series Debut||Somewhere I Belong|
|Voiced By||Taissa Farmiga|
Nightingale, (real name Eleanor May Grayson), is a half-Azarathian, half-Metahuman hybrid who is one of the five founding members of the The Team, alongside Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash and Superboy, accidentally replacing Speedy/Red Arrow. She is the cousin of the aforementioned Boy Wonder, from her mother's side, daughter of Justice League Member, Violet Scarab, and the unaware Batman, until a later DNA test.
Eleanor resembles a normal Caucasian girl, with a few similarities from her Azarathian heritage. Her skin is a pale grey color, almost a ghostly white. Her ravenette hair was worn in a pixie cut with longer bangs framing her face and hazel, nearly green eyes.
Her Civilian attire consists of a pair of black-rimmed glasses, a black t-shirt, with a band logo design on the chest area, under a baggy, dark blue jacket. Olive green pants with a tear on the left knee, black leggings and black sandals.
As Nightingale, Eleanor wears a violet-indigo full-body suit, resembling similar to Blue Beetle's armor, with a matching violet-indigo hood, sash around her waist, gauntlets with computer functions and shin guards.
Nightingale is kind, generous and compassionate, good to have around during a crisis as she knows how to remain calm and take control of the situation until it is resolved. Nightingale is very caring and nurturing to others, however she has a habit of neglecting her own needs while giving to others. She is very intelligent and loves to learn.
Nightingale tends to wear her heart on her sleeve, she feels anger intensely and joy quite well, but her sadness is silent and hardly, if ever, marked by tears. She hardly lets her rage control her and cheerfully remarks on the things that make her happy, but hardly says a word in her sadness, though it is visible to everyone. However, though she may feel sad, she never gives in to despair, always looking for a solution the right way. Her determination and little regard for pain can make her a powerful force to be reckoned with. Due to her calm nature, Nightingale is capable of keeping her emotions under control.
Alongside, Nightingale is gracious and well-mannered, knowing just the right things to say and do. Although she doesn't look it, Ellie has high moral standards and doing the right thing is important to her, along with being a loyal friend and a faithful partner, gentle but not passionate.
Although strong-willed and loyal, Nightingale is a good listener and can view others problems with empathy, clarity and a balanced analysis, seeing both sides while showing respect and caring.
In short, Nightingale is generally frank, fairly sociable, but preferring peace at any price. She can be too self-effacing, modest and patient, and run the risk of being exploited by others. She may appear to be innocent and naive but she is actually quite streetwise and astute - she can read others well, but often keeps it to herself.
Born in Gotham City,
- Reach Scarab DNA: Due to being born with Reach Scarab nano-machines infused with her DNA, Nightingale is capable of harnessing the nano-machines and project abilities similar to Black Beetle, Blue Beetle and Green Beetle, without transforming parts of her body into weapons; Such as plasma blasts and sonic energy waves.
- Empathy: The psionic ability to sense the emotions of others, allowing her to gain insight into their thoughts and intentions, and even experience their own feelings. This also enables her to sense the mental state of others, as she has stated that she would know if someone's mind had been tampered with. Nightingale can absorb the pain of others into her own body in order to induce rapid healing for them, and can heal herself by going into a trance of emotional calm. She can receive precognitive flashes of the future when exposed to extreme emotion. By using her empathy to guide her, she can track others with her soul-self.
- Flight: Nightingale can levitate off the ground and hover, without visible projection of her dark energy as is shown when she utilizes telekinesis. Her power is also sufficient to enable her to counter the gravitational pull of other planets.
- Darkness/Shadow Manipulation: Nightingale has the power to create and control the element of pure darkness and shadows and bend it to her will; Such as conjuring tendrils from her own shadow and controlling the density of the darkness around her.
- Teleportation: Without the aid of a zeta-beam teleporter, Nightingale is capable of traveling one place to another without occupying the space between the destinations. Nightingale's form of teleportation is vanishing in a small cloud of indigo and black mist. Her teleportation distance limits to a five mile radius and to locations she has been to.
- Astral Manipulation: Nightingale is able to project her own spirit from her body into a ghostly form, using it to interact with the physical world, affect others mentally, and to traverse through time-space. Her soul-self takes the form of a double of her own body, or more commonly, a large black raven. She is capable of changing its shape and mass at will, and can alter her own appearance with her soul-self. She is able to project her soul-self into the minds of others to communicate, facilitate calm or to force people into submission with a devastating mental attack. Though normally composed of energy that is colored black, Nightingale's soul-self can change color depending on her emotional state, manifesting as red or white.
- Magic: Though only occasionally used, Nightingale has displayed a wide arcane knowledge, possessing a vast library of mystic tomes, spell books and ancient scrolls. The high-level spells she casts are usually spoken out loud; though she does have some practice in casting nonverbal spells to give herself more of an advantage over her opponents.
- Martial Arts/Parkour: Though not the most physically talented of the quintet, Nightingale is nonetheless a fairly skilled and proficient hand-to-hand combatant, having received at least some degree of physical training.
- Master Hacker:
- Master Detective:
- Multilingualism: Nightingale is fluent in French, Spanish, Latin, Atlantean, Sanskrit, Arabian and Backwards.
- Headaches: When sensing too many auras, or overwhelmed by the pressure of missions, Nightingale goes under headaches, depended on the intensities.
- Astraphobia/Brontophobia: Due to her sensitive nature and senses, Nightingale is deeply terrified of thunderstorms.
- Camera-shy and Crowds: Due to her shyness, Nightingale is not a big fan of cameras or crowds.
- Nearsightedness: As shown in her civilian wear, Nightingale suffers from nearsightedness, and needs to wear glasses. Nightingale is capable of recognizing shapes and colors with her impaired sight.
- Extreme Cold: Nightingale is born with a low body temperature, which makes her susceptible to extreme cold temperatures. Lower than -15 can drain her.
"Because you have super-strength, doesn't mean the battle is always yours to win. There's always be someone stronger than you."